Pages

Careers for the ISFJ


“The last Guardian type is the Protector (ISFJ). This is the Guardian least likely to seek positions of leadership since they may feel uncomfortable in the lime-light. They are often seen as the people who do whatever is necessary to keep things running smoothly. They do their best to prevent problems. Like the Provider, they can be attracted to fields in medicine, education or social service. In business, positions that combine some type of social interface with time alone are best for them. If they choose technical positions, they prefer ones with at least some independence, such as electrician, or photographer.”
Before I switched my major, I was going into the field of pharmacy, where I would have to take charge and be in a leadership position, one which an ISFJ would be unhappy in. My new career path in medical imaging technology is perfect for me; in this path, I will be a technician as well as be involved in the medical field, but without being the big honcho or head of a department or radiology. In this job I will have a short amount of time caring for a patient, and the rest of my time will be spent analyzing the data (xrays/images) alone figuring out what is wrong. In a hospital or clinic setting, these technicians are the ones who really keep the medicine machine moving, out of the lime light, they give the doctors everything they need to diagnose.